ANTIDOPINGOVÁ AGENTÚRA SLOVENSKEJ REPUBLIKY / SLOVAK ANTI-DOPING AGENCY (hereinafter referred to as "SADA") is a legal form of state contributory organisation connected with its financial relationships to the budget of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic. SADA was established on 1 January 2009 in accordance with Section 6 (1) of the Act No. 300/2008 Coll. on Organization and Support of Sports and on amendments and supplements of certain acts. The Act No. 440/2015 on Sport and on amendments and supplements of certain acts which came into effect on 1 January 2016 grants it a status of a state contributory organisation established by law as an independent organisation performing doping prevention and control activities in the Slovak Republic.
An Act which came into effect on 1 January 2016 changes the SADA´s position. With regard to the need to enhance the degree of its independence (resulting from the World Anti-Doping Code), it is granted a status of a contributory organisation established by law as an independent organisation which performs doping prevention and control activities in the Slovak Republic. In accordance with model rules of the World Anti-Doping Agency, the personal extent of the scope of action of the Agency is modified as well. In addition to the legislative regulation of its position, it needs to meet certain qualitative parameters of its activities. They are based on the organizational structure of the organisation, i.e. on the organizational, work and registry rules and plan. As for doping control processes and granting TUEs, SADA complies with the Quality Certificate in accordance with the Slovak Technical Standard EN ISO 9001:2015.
SADA´s main goal is to perform the tasks laid down in the Act on Sport. They include mainly performance of preventive anti-doping measures in sport on the basis of cooperation with WADA and with international anti-doping organisations. SADA cooperates with international sports federations and national sports federations, in particular when coordinating and performing doping control in sports, mainly at the top professional and performance level. Such irreplaceable mission results also from adoption and implementation of international contracts and conventions signed by the Slovak Republic. An important part of the SADA´s mission is also to ensure continuous education of selected target groups of athletes and overall educational activities in this area.
SADA´s main activities:
- Performing preventive measures aimed at combating doping in sports,
- International cooperation related to combating doping in sports (in particular with the World Anti-Doping Agency, anti-doping agencies in other countries and international sports organisations),
- National cooperation in relation to combating doping in sports (in particular with national sports federations, the Slovak Olympic Committee, the Slovak Paralympic Committee and other organisations),
- Performing, organising and managing doping controls, analysing samples collected for doping control purposes, preparing an annual doping control plan, informing of valid decisions in the matter of violation of anti-doping rules of the World Anti-Doping Agency, entering into agreements on reciprocal testing in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Programme,
- Informing of changes to the list of prohibited substances and prohibited methods, granting TUEs,
- Educating anti-doping sports experts,
- Common operation and other services,
- Performing the required doping controls.